Saturday, January 07, 2006

Direction

So the question becomes, where am I going with all of this? And why?

There was a time in my life when I had a great deal of direction, inspiration, and confidence.

I made several mistakes. Big mistakes.

I lost my direction. I took my inspiration from other sources. My confidence continued, but lacking direction, resulted in my reaching for faulty goals.

Last year the cookie crumbled. I had built a wonderful business. I had, what I thought, was a good, loving, permanent relationship. I started a second business in 2004. Then it all fell apart.

Looking back, I should have seen it coming.

With this blog, I hope to examine my life, my successes, and my failures. I want to see what I did that worked, and what I did that failed. I hope to learn from my mistakes. And I hope those that read this will learn a little about me, or maybe about themselves.

This self-examination will not be pretty at times. But it is necessary.

I want to get the direction back in my life. I want to get the inspiration back in my life. And once I have rebuilt that foundation, I want to build my life again. Out of the ashes of my own destruction I want to build what I almost had.

I hope I find a lady to spend the rest of my life with. Who shares my values, whatever they might be. Who shares my ambitions and my dreams.

I hope I can build a better relationship with my kids.

I hope I can build a better relationship with God.

As I continue on life's journey, I hope others who happen upon this blog will take a moment to share their thoughts with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home