Friday, January 13, 2006

Doing my best

I just took a load of conveyers from Kansas City to Shasta Lake, California. I left on Tuesday and delivered this morning. We live in a beautiful country.

I had some problems with this load. I had problems with my tarps getting holes in them.

There are 2 kinds of people. There are those who get holes in there tarps, and say, 'screw it, I'll just get them there and not worry about if the product gets damaged'. Then there are those that say, 'Whatever I do, I'm going to do my best. So since I have committed myself to driving this truck, I need to stop, fix the tarps, no matter how much work that may be, and make sure the load is delivered undamaged.'

For much of my life, I have tried to do my best no matter what. At times, though, I have become the 'whatever happens I'm not going to waste my energy' type of person.

I need to always do my best, no matter what the situation.

We all have heroes, or we should. Lance Armstrong is a great role model. I'm sure he is the kind of guy who would stop and fix the tarps.

If we profess our faith in Christ, people look over us a little harder than they do others. If you are doing your best, doing the hard work no matter what, you are always a good reflection on Christ. That's what I need to do every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home