Monday, January 09, 2006

The New Start

In June of 2005, I decided to go to truck driving school. I had been doing computer consulting for about 6 years, and was really burned out from the pace and the politics. When my girlfriend and I split up in March, I was ready for a change in all respects.

I went to truck driving school, and I started driving a truck. I drive all over the country. I enjoy seeing the world. I enjoy the lack of stress. I enjoy being outdoors. I enjoy being my own boss.

I have been on my own as a driver for 3 months. I am making decent money. I live in the truck so I don't have any bills.

I have lots of time to think, reflect. This is time I have needed for a long time. This gives me a chance to recharge and think about where I want to go with the rest of my life.

I miss my kids a lot. I think I have been a failure as a father. I don't spend near enough time with them. Now that I am driving a truck, I am lucky to see them once a month. I don't think that's enough. I think I should be spending every weekend with them.

I am not challenging myself mentally. I am a member of Mensa. I am not using all of the abilities that God gave me.

There is no way in the world I am going to be able to find a woman to love for the rest of my life driving a truck.

I think I need to get back into computers, back to Dallas with my kids. I think that's the right thing to do. And as I do it, I will follow the direction of my moral compass. I will put others before me. I will put my kids before me. This time I will act as a Christian instead of a heathen. And maybe this time it will work out right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home